AGIS is committed to articulating and promoting high standards of educational quality and ethical behaviour for its members. Members are expected to commit themselves to the same high standards and ethical behaviour in their practices.
The AGIS Board is made up of volunteer school leaders who model and support the mission and the Principles of Good Practice of AGIS.
Responsibilities of the Board members include:
- overseeing the operating budget
- being responsible for and implementing the policies of AGIS
- monitoring and evaluating programmes and services of AGIS
- vetting applications for association membership and recommending new membership as well as annual association membership fees
- representing the AGIS membership to outside agencies
Meeting on a semi-regular basis, Board members also prepare for an Annual General meeting for all AGIS school leaders and Business Managers.